Federal laws require everyone applying for a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to pass a Department of Transportation Physical Exam. This test determines whether a person’s physical health is good enough to operate a vehicle in a safe manner. If you pass the exam, the result will last up to 2 years before you have to renew the documentation. Our facilities at AFC Urgent Care Swampscott can perform the DOT Physical Exam and further assist you with completing the required documents. Visit our Swampscott clinic today to save yourself from unnecessary troubles in future!
Basic requirements for passing DOT physical exam:
- Vision needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices (glasses, contact lenses)
- Ability to identify different colors
- Ability to perceived a forced whisper at least 5 feet away
- Blood pressure level has to be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication to control pressure level may be used
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections
- Blood sugar level has to be under 200
- No use of habit forming drug
- If you are diagnosed with with a cardiovascular disease, you will be required to provide an additional stress test along with a note from your physician stating that you are able to operate a commercial motor vehicle without any restriction
You do not need to schedule an appointment to do a DOT physical exam. To learn more about our DOT physical exam as well as other services AFC Urgent Care Swampscott offers, call us at (781) 691-9366.