Immigration and Green Card
Physicals in Swampscott, Lynn, Peabody and Revere MA
AFC Urgent Care is proud to offer Immigration Medicals (also known as Green Card Medicals) to immigration applicants in and around Swampscott, Lynn, Peabody, Marblehead, Clifton and Revere areas in Massachusetts. The immigration medical exam is a very important step in many long-term visa applications and our doctors have been certified as designated civil surgeons in our area to conduct these physicals by USCIS.
What to expect
A minimum of two visits are required for each immigration physical.
Visit 1: The first visit can be scheduled any day of the week and is with a Medical Assistant, to review your paperwork and begin some of the required medical testing. During this visit, the Medical Assistant will collect all the necessary documentation and record it on your I-693 form.
Visit 2: The second visit will be with your Civil Surgeon to complete your physical and obtain any necessary immunizations. This is typically scheduled about 5-10 days after the initial visit, in order for lab results to come back.
Additional visits may be necessary depending on the Civil Surgeon schedule and test results. When you come to your appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early for paperwork to be filled out. During the exam, the Civil Surgeon will review health history and conduct a full body examination. For females, a female staff member will be present in the room if there is a male Civil Surgeon. Once health history is reviewed with the Civil Surgeon, he or she will inform the Medical Assistant to give any further vaccinations, immunizations or blood draws.
Once all reports have been received and reviewed, you will be notified that the documents are ready to be signed.
What you need to bring
Patients are advised to bring the following to their appointment:
- Government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport (if physical is for a child, the child will need photo ID as well. Parent ID will not be accepted)
- Vaccine/Immunization records (if records are in a different language they will need to be translated into English): www.uscis.gov/i-693
- Hospital or clinic records, including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious diseases
- Prior chest x-rays and/or other diagnostic tests
- Any mental health records
- Immigration Physical Form I-693 form (you may complete this online or you may fill one out here at the clinic. Please be sure everything is capitalized and in black ink)
- Payment (we accept cash or credit/debit. We do not accept checks).
Costs for the Immigration Medical Exam
Cost Per Person (paid during initial visit)
- Adults (over 15) – $450
- Children (under 15) – $380
All Exams include:
- Physical Examination by Civil Surgeon
- Gonorrhea Test
- RPR (Syphilis) Test
- TB Test (via QuantiFERON Gold
- Titers for Hep B, MMR, Varicella
Additional Labs, Vaccines, or Services as needed:
- Chest X-Ray- $80
- TDAP – $100
- MMR – $130
- HEP A – $140
- HEP B (each injection) – $145
- Varicella – $200
- Cert. Medical Translation Services – $125
- Flu (October 1- March 30) – $35
If a physical needs to be repeated because it was not submitted to USCIS within 60 days of the date it was completed and signed by the civil surgeon, the pricing is:
- Physical with paperwork- $200
- Labs, Vaccines & Services- if any of these have expired, at the same pricing as above
Let us welcome you to the USA!
Our clinic is not only certified to conduct the immigration medical exams required by immigration law, but our staff has had specific training in how to properly handle your immigration paperwork (I-693 and the results of the associated medical tests) so your immigration application is not delayed because of minor clerical mistakes. We understand how valuable your visa application is for you and we ensure it is handled correctly! We also know that you have come so far in your visa application process and that your immigration application is very important for you. We can certainly help you with your immigration medical today and also ensure that we look after your healthcare needs years after your application gets approved. So call us today at 781-691-9366 and schedule your immigration physical today. Let us welcome you to a healthy future in the United State of America.